Educate Yourself

Educate Yourself

Adam talks to a guy named after a car, and offers advice on how to landscape on the cheap.

Adam talks to a caller who wants to rip a bench out of his colonial kitchen. He also talks to a guy with tile-scuffing issues, and goes on a rant about people who don’t wipe their feet before stepping inside.

Another caller needs help wiring his house, and Adam explains the ideal setup. He also discusses the problems with universal remotes, and helps a caller get rid of the squeaky wooden floors.

Adam then helps a guy design the perfect looking garden that matches his environment and won’t be hard to maintain. One of the final callers has a particularly complicated issue, and Adam vents about not being able to build on your own land the way you want to. Adam then ends the show helping a caller install a faucet.

Associate Producer: Katie Levine
Web Engineering: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Educate Yourself”

1. Jim
    2011/03/26 at 8:32 am #

Thanks for another great show Aceman!

2. Kain
    2011/03/26 at 9:54 am #

Love this god damn show. I’ve already turned about 8 of my friends to this podcast!

3. Ford Prefect
    2011/03/26 at 9:35 pm #

About the show blurb, I wouldn’t say “landscape on the cheap”, because it’s the very opposite of “cheap” to establish a garden that lives beyond you; and even more so, to do it properly. A cactus is expensive, but it’s worth the thorns — even those hairy thin ones that never wash off and just itch, forever. I respect that.

4. Jordan Lightfoot
    2011/03/28 at 10:13 am #

Good Times

5. Benjiwan
    2011/03/30 at 8:13 pm #

This show should really be much more entertaining than it actually is. And by “more entertaining,” I mean entertaining in the least. Who is the target audience for this show? Is it turning a profit?

6. bryan
    2011/03/31 at 3:38 pm #

I believe this just became my new favorite podcast. The perfect balance of comedy and knowledge. I believe this is the perfect show for the ace man.

7. Weskan
    2011/04/03 at 6:28 pm #

Benjiwan, perhaps not you. But I like it, and because I’m a unique and important snowflake and the world bend’s to my every whim, this show will remain on the tubes.

8. bananaman
    2011/04/03 at 8:49 pm #

I am so in love with Blaster Girl, sitting there being ever so silent while fun times abound. Olympic or Pirate Fencing? good stuff!

9. Pliska
    2012/06/21 at 2:33 pm #

What you posted made a bunch of sense. However, what about this? suppose you were to create a awesome headline? I ain’t saying your content isn’t solid, but suppose you added a headline that grabbed people’s attention? You could glance at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create post titles to grab viewers interested. You might add a video or a related picture or two to grab readers interested about what you’ve got to say. Just my opinion.