Reverend Adam

Reverend Adam

Adam sits down with Ed Begley, Jr. to take your calls about veggie gardens, solar panels, and lo-flow toilets

At the top of the show, Adam welcomes Ed Begley, Jr. and chats with him about his experience on an episode of Charlie’s Angels. The guys also talk about what Ed is currently doing to renovate his house, and Ed describes the three criteria that all changes must abide by.

The guys then hop to the phone lines and chat with a guy trying to fix a stair railing that’s coming off the wall. They also talk to a guy redoing his bathroom about Low-Flow toilets, and the best way to go about repainting concrete.

Later the great Reverend Adam emerges, and he and Ed discuss the best ways to work with rain water and irrigation systems. Adam also gives tips on distinguishing a baseboard from a case board, and talks with a final caller about installing a murphy bed.

Be sure to visit LivingWithEd.net for more info on today’s guest.

Angels on Skates

Ed Begley, Jr. on Charlie’s Angels

Associate Producer: Katie Levine
Audio: Chris Laxamana
Phones/Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineering: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Reverend Adam”

1. Allegory435
    2011/03/05 at 5:09 am #

awesome aceman…
    you will literally be a millionaire once again…
    someday

2. Jim
    2011/03/05 at 10:04 am #

Ed is the Billy Mays of green. He walks the talk. I would join the club if I had the money. Until then I’ll keep burying my old batteries in the back yard. Just kidding, thanks again Ace and Ed for a great show. And is Ed still a JR.? I was buying that in the 70s but at what age can we drop the jr?

3. Heather
    2011/03/05 at 10:15 am #

Why isn’t the Reverened Adam and EBJr bit on the Ace podcast. I’m hyperventiliating in laughter!!! “Go to the mountain!!!”

4. nater
    2011/03/05 at 11:26 am #

Living conservatively is great. Problem comes when Ed wants to start legislating his religion.
    Man made global warming IS a religion…never dispute that fact.

5. Harry
    2011/03/05 at 11:28 am #

Wow, great bit with Reverend Adam and the Bishop Ed “Magic” Begley Jr. That is when Adam is at his best, when he riffs and the guest can play along with it perfectly. Get it on! Listened to it while raking leaves in the back yard.

6. Darren 420
    2011/03/05 at 11:53 am #

I have been to the top of the mountain, and I say ACE MAN “GET IT ON!!!”

7. adam
    2011/03/05 at 12:08 pm #

Why is each episode getting shorter and shorter.

I love ace on the house.

8. Hugh Gasol
    2011/03/05 at 1:01 pm #

Check out the Kestral by Motive Ind. Hemp body electric car.

2011/03/05 at 3:10 pm #

The guy with the railing and spinning bolts:

That railing may be through-bolted all the way through the stud, with a nut and washer counter sunk on the back side.

Applying some pull MAY work, but the nut or toggle on the other end may be rusted tight. If that’s the case, do yourself a favor and invest in a Dremel tool and get plenty of little, fine “cut-off” wheels. You’ll need many, because even after you get good at this, you’re likely to break two or three. Usually, in a space that tight, a hack saw won’t work.

Pull back on the bolt head with Vise Grips or a screwdriver and get that little Dremel wheel behind the head, onto the shank (threaded part) of the bolt. If you can’t pull the head far enough back to get the wheel behing it, you’ll have to make the much longer cut, all the way through the head of the bolt. Keep cutting until you get the head completely off. Assuming there is a finished wall on the other side, you won’t be able to just drive the old bolt out of the hole, but maybe you can bend things enough to go up or down an inch and lag screw in another fastener. Good luck!

• home repair hack
      2011/03/06 at 9:37 pm #

that’s the easy solution…just cut of the bolt head with a angle grinder cutoff blade…come on ace man

10. Eric
    2011/03/05 at 3:30 pm #

great show… ed begley’s new house should be the adam carolla project 2

11. Ras
    2011/03/06 at 10:54 am #

Ed does nor get his due… The backup to Adam’s Rev awesome.
    Plus Ed seems to have a genuine passion for sustainability – not just some trend following Prius driving Hollywood pussy. Great episode!

12. SteveP
    2011/03/06 at 8:50 pm #

Reverend Adam was hilarious.

13. squeege
    2011/03/06 at 11:35 pm #

Ed should’ve dropped in a “Holy roller!” when Adam mentioned rollers.

14. george
    2011/03/07 at 8:10 am #

Reverand Adam had me peeing. Ed is a funny guy.

15. Tyler
    2011/03/07 at 11:01 am #

EB Jr. is a talent that needs to be rediscovered. He and Ace bounce off each other fantastically.

16. I.P. Freely
    2011/03/08 at 5:37 am #

Fucken hilarious Reverend Adam! I almost shit myself.

17. WW
    2011/03/12 at 8:03 am #

This was a great episode, Ed Begley Jr. was a great guest and the impromptu bit was great.

18. Ivan
    2011/03/12 at 7:11 pm #

Awesome show. “Go’n to the mountain…” was classic.

19. Susan In L.A.
    2011/03/14 at 7:48 am #

Ed was an awesome guest. Talk about the best kind of “Yes, and…” You could hear the affection between Ed and Adam. Ace On The House is my favorite.

20. Sam
    2011/03/27 at 7:44 pm #

I have never laughed so hard when Adam said the water saving toilet needs a button #3 in case he eats Mexican food.

21. buy wool rugs
    2011/11/21 at 1:52 am #

I actually wanted to jot down a quick word in order to thank you for all the awesome techniques you are giving out here. My considerable internet investigation has finally been compensated with reasonable points to share with my visitors. I would express that most of us website visitors are undeniably fortunate to be in a fantastic site with very many awesome individuals with very helpful methods. I feel truly happy to have used the web site and look forward to plenty of more excellent minutes reading here. Thank you once again for all the details.

22. quake 3 aimbot
    2012/02/18 at 4:30 am #

Hey! Amusingly interesting read and well designed site !
    Will come again, thanks!