Artsy Fartsy

Artsy Fartsy

The Professor Sandy Ganz returns to help Adam discuss fart fans, and how to build an art studio.

Adam welcomes back The Professor Sandy Ganz to this week’s episode to help with your home improvement questions. Sandy’s not a carpenter, but Adam says he’s done enough projects to know what he’s talking about. He and Adam discuss how it takes a long time to figure out the right tool for the right job, and Adam tells a couple stories about his assistants messing up. The guys then look at a call about fart fans, and send a message to the fat cats in charge of their design.

The first call of the day is from a caller who wants to reconstruct his stairwell. Adam stresses the importance of height consistency, and talks about some of the math involved. He then takes a call from someone looking to build an art studio in their chicken-infested backyard, and gives tips on making sure the stucco matches the rest of the house.

The guys then jump to the actual fart-fan caller, and talk to another person about the best way to remove popcorn ceiling. Adam goes on a huge rant about horrible design ideas from the 60s, and gives some suggestions on the most basic things you can do to keep your house in good working condition. Wrapping things up, Adam talks to a female caller who wants to restain her deck, and Adam talks about the importance of prepping, cleaning, and drying.

Associate Producer: Katie Levine
Web Engineering: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , , ,

17 Responses to “Artsy Fartsy”

1. Darren 420
    2011/04/09 at 2:02 pm #

Grate shoe.

• Darren 420
      2011/04/09 at 2:04 pm #

show

2. Darren 420
    2011/04/09 at 2:05 pm #

fuck it

3. Jim
    2011/04/09 at 4:20 pm #

Great fill in Fonzie. I mean Ganz. You aaaalmost smiled in that pic. Thanks guys for a great show. Get it on!

• ahcast
      2011/04/11 at 2:50 pm #

I’ll get a smile in one of these days, they should take the picture while we are talking, plenty of smiles then.

Sandy

4. Dave
    2011/04/09 at 5:26 pm #

I saw the Year 2 DVD was out. Why does it only include shows for 02/24/10-5/26/10? Will there be another DVD with 5/27/10-2/23/11?

• ahcast
      2011/04/11 at 2:49 pm #

That is Year 2 of the Adam Carolla Podcast, really Season 2 of it. So it is not a complete year. It mentions this on the page under Q&A I think.

Sandy

5. ATX
    2011/04/10 at 6:20 pm #

What is that gray thing hanging on the pegboard in the top photo (over Sandy’s left shoulder?) Looks like some sort of special-purpose square??

BTW, I love Ace on the House and Carcast…look forward to downloading them every Saturday morning.

• len r.
      2011/04/10 at 7:20 pm #

yea, i was wondering the same thing.

6. len r.
    2011/04/10 at 7:18 pm #

Adam, you should come out with your own line of tool bags…

7. Ford Prefect
    2011/04/12 at 6:59 pm #

One thing I don’t get is Adam’s aversion to cleanliness. I relished the shower after working two shifts. Many minutes I spent washing mud from my ears and scrubbing greasy forearms, a grease mixed with metal dust, which stuck like a cactus hair. And afterwards, I scrubbed everything else, which was literally, “everything” and “everywhere” else.

To be clean in the shower and cleaner afterwards? Anyone who works hard enough will get themselves dirty enough to appreciate squeaky-clean as an idealized luxury. Like a starvation victim, that person will be forever greedy from wanting, and voraciously clean as a result.

8. Rich
    2011/04/23 at 4:21 am #

Could we get a pic of the screws adam was talking about when he said if you saw a stair guy with these he was a pro? Love the show!!!!

9. Breanna Corre
    2012/01/20 at 6:35 am #

What an fascinating content, retain penning better half

10. Edwardo Ohlsson
    2012/04/13 at 11:58 pm #

Howdy excellent website! Does running a blog like this take a great deal of work? I have no knowledge of computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I just had to ask. Cheers!

11. Zarobki
    2012/06/03 at 3:33 am #

Thank you for sharing some of the information.