He’s A Baller With That Caulk

He’s A Baller With That Caulk

Adam talks to a guy dealing with tornado damage, and helps someone trying to mount wine bottles on their ceiling.

Logan reads Adam a home improvement email question about a sagging door. Adam gives advice on how to best replace the screws to prevent him having to change them out every couple months. Adam also talks about attic ventilation, and helps someone figure out the safest way to mount wine bottles on their ceiling.

Jumping to the phone lines, Adam talks to a caller dealing with damage from the recent tornado outbreak in Oklahoma. Adam talks about what he would do if he had to worry about a tornado, and also helps the caller repair the fencing that was ripped out of its cement.

Another caller wants to replace the aluminum window in his shower stall. Later, Adam goes on a rant about left turn arrows and why the city of Los Angeles has no interest in moving traffic along. Adam then helps a guy level out the area surrounding his fire pit, and discusses bedrock with a final caller trying to repair a sinking deck.

Associate Producer: Katie Levine
Web Engineering: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to “He’s A Baller With That Caulk”

1. Dano
    2011/05/28 at 4:29 am #

Hey Adam, I’m a painting contractor and I’ve had to endure 15 years of caulk jokes on the job site. It is pronounced kok, not kalk, you don’t hit the L. Check the Merriam Webster phoenetic pronunciation. Oh, I know, I need to get a life…

2. courtney z
    2011/05/28 at 5:25 am #

I think Adam is pretty comfortable on a job site and I think even further above guy just wants to say “cock.”

• Dano
      2011/05/29 at 6:03 am #

Hell yeah I wanna say “cock”. Who said Adam wasn’t comfortable on a job site?

• stnuntrnd
      2011/05/28 at 7:22 am #

Caissons are also called drilled piles, drilled shafts, drilled piers, Cast-in-drilled-hole piles (CIDH piles) or Cast-in-Situ piles.

3. Scott W. Kenosha, WI
    2011/05/28 at 8:18 am #

Man you saving me alot of money

4. Scott W. Kenosha, WI
    2011/05/28 at 8:19 am #

your*

• zen
      2011/06/02 at 9:51 am #

you’re

5. marshall
    2011/05/28 at 5:01 pm #

expanding foam around window jambs is a bad idea, even the minimally expanding stuff can “pinch” the jambs to the sashes and cause problems.

6. tom
    2011/05/28 at 6:04 pm #

concrete-concrete-concrete DAMM IT

7. Frank
    2011/05/29 at 6:04 am #

Just a note on the caller who wanted to replace his bathroom window; make sure you use the LIGHT window and door expanding foam to insulate the rough opening. If you use the the heavy duty stuff it can warp vinyl replacements or door frames as it expands.

8. zen
    2011/06/02 at 9:54 am #

I’d put a window in there. You can never have too much ventilation in a bathroom. I put a restaurant kitchen unit (remote of course) for the main bathroom and I fucking love it. There is no steam buildup in that room. John Goodman could come in after having an all-you-can eat feast at Taco Bell and it will still smell like fresh daisies in there.

9. spacedisco
    2011/06/03 at 4:35 am #

Just clicked through to amazon. 18v drill for the mother in law. A gift for making us $3,000 roman shades for the sunroom for only $500. Appreciation for mom and ace!

10. Mark
    2011/06/04 at 6:20 pm #

Adam, Another option to take the inside measurements for the window opening is a T-Bevel. Also a great tool if you need to know if your walls meet at 90 degree angles when installing crown molding or chair rails. Good tool to have near the workbench!

11. Bill Leary
    2011/06/12 at 7:22 am #

For the love of God. I can’t take it any longer.
    Can someone please tell Adam to erase the word
    “Linesman-Dykes” from his lexicon.

There are Linesman Pliers.
    There are Diagonal Cutters/Pliers A.K.A. Dykes

They are two differant tools.

12. Louis
    2011/06/16 at 11:01 am #

Hey Wayne,
    If you haven’t already siliconed the wine bottles, I would consider using 5 min epoxy to glue them to the 1″x6″ wood. Its extremely strong and will hold 2000lbs as long as you’re gluing the bottles parallel to the wood strips. Otherwise if you don’t mind a small band around them, you could use a mounted head clear zip tie around them and nail that to the 1″x6″.

13. Shelby
    2011/06/29 at 7:31 am #

Agreed, read your window warranty. If you feel the need to insulate the gap around the frame use a foam backer rod or if you like to itch use some fiber glass insulation. Same applies on retro fit windows.

14. Greg
    2011/07/08 at 11:29 am #

Even better than whittling a stake to plug up a screwhole – use a single chop-stick. Chop Sticks are almost as handy as duct-tape. Who whittles? Jed Clampett?

15. Vincent Wimberley
    2011/12/21 at 2:07 am #

So anyway, Nikki my point is that I think it’s great that you are not settling for a job just because of safety reasons.

16. Arnetta Kniffen
    2012/01/04 at 1:36 am #

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we communicate extra about your post on AOL? I require a specialist in this space to unravel my problem. Maybe that is you! Looking forward to peer you.

17. Lines and bed sheets
    2012/02/01 at 9:32 pm #

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon..