Scribe It To Me

Scribe It To Me

Adam gives advice on buying high quality tools, putting in a breakfast bar, deciding what type of roof to install, and dealing with ugly basement wood paneling.

Lumber

Adam now has Logan engineering the show for him, and Logan reads a couple email submitted questions. The first letter is from a guy trying to convert his grill to use a natural gas pipe, and the second is a guy dealing with squeaky floors in an old house. Adam compares the different types of wood to different types of food, then jumps to the phone lines.

Kitchen Breakfast Bar

First caller is looking for general advice on shopping for tools, and where to cut prices. Adam suggests that when it comes to tools, it’s not about durability, its how the tool feels in your hand. Another caller wants to build a breakfast bar in his new apartment, and Adam gives detailed instructions to assemble and mount it. There’s also a guy who has a door that’s not sealing properly when it hits the jam, an Adam jokingly says he’ll come by in person to fix it when he’s on tour.

Metal Roof

After talking to a guy who is trying to decide what type of roof to install, Adam speaks to someone trying to amend the ugly wood paneling in his basement. The guy’s on a tight budget, so Adam suggests he just paints it and lives with it till he can do more work. As the show wraps up, Adam reminds everyone that he’s a ‘super lazy pirate who wants to do things on his own terms,’ but we need you to keep tuning in for that to happen.

Associate Producer: Logan Moy
Phones: Gary Smith

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Scribe It To Me”

1. Sluggh
    2011/05/14 at 12:58 am #

Whee!

2. Mik
    2011/05/14 at 7:38 am #

To convert a BBQ you need to change the orfacices and the regulator. Some appliances have conversion kits. Some have them built in. Contact the manufacturer.

3. Ford Prefect
    2011/05/14 at 7:55 pm #

They put that skunk smell in natural gas so we can detect gas leaks. Wouldn’t that ruin the food? On the stove, there’s always a pan or a pot; it’s not directly above the flame. But a BBQ? I dunno, maybe the skunk juice burns off. Still, don’t mess with nature. Stick with propane.

4. Jim
    2011/05/15 at 12:28 pm #

Maybe you could record a small video on squeaky floors and post a permanent link on this site so the fags that ask about them every week can refer to it and save the rest of us 15 minutes of talk about sub floors and deck screws every episode. And floor joist is spelled wrong in the tags. Other than that, perfect podcast. Thanks Aceman!

5. Hack on the House
    2011/05/15 at 4:18 pm #

that dude’s breakfast bar is going to look like shizz…bro, just check out Ikea. They have simple drop down tables/bars that mount to the wall…

6. call me joe
    2011/05/15 at 9:11 pm #

@ford perfect…propane has added odor also doesn’t it?? Iv’e roasted marsh mellows over the flame on my gas stove and they were gr8.. No skunk smell or taste….

• Ford Prefect
      2011/05/15 at 9:34 pm #

I don’t know if Propane has odor additives, but I do know natural gas does. I would suggest you look it up and prove me right or wrong; either way is ok.

My guess is that propane does *not* have odor additives because it’s used as an engine fuel (for forklifts, etc.). Indoles would clog the injectors.

Also, I don’t remember any Propane odor. I could be wrong, because it’s always outside, where it smells like Propane and nothing else. (How do I know what pure Propane smell like? Good question.)

Good question though. I’ll pretend I’m right until someone proves me otherwise.

• Jim
        2011/05/18 at 4:43 pm #

Pure propane has no smell, same as natural gas. The odor is added to propane and natural gas so that consumers can tell if there is a leak. It burns clean and won’t compromise the taste of food. If you have ever had a propane tank refilled, you know it does have an odor. If you get your bottles already filled, run your bbq, then disconnect the fitting that connects to the tank and smell it.

7. nomenmeum
    2011/05/16 at 7:22 am #

He said “you want to suck the hard wood”

8. zen
    2011/05/16 at 2:18 pm #

Well, you use natural gas to heat your home and dry your clothes and there is no stink from those combustion products so…

9. zen
    2011/05/16 at 2:27 pm #

BTW, love the spam – porkchop analogy. So, do Hawaiians build with ply instead of dimensional lumber?

10. Larry
    2011/05/17 at 12:25 pm #

They make conversions for all propane grills to run on natural gas. You just need to swap the regulator flow nozzle. Best bet would be to go to a barbeque specialty store like Barbeque’s Galore of something like that in your area and the can hook you up.

11. fxd
    2011/05/27 at 5:13 am #

what happens if your do not swap out nozzles. This might happen for example, if you had a facility set up to burn Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) with a propane backup system. If deliveries failed to arrive for LNG and you just fed propane into the lines, what would be the consequence

12. iodineTheoria
    2012/02/20 at 12:35 pm #

It goes without saying, that when the proliferation of internet is so serious, then categorically you can bring into the world a look of their products through their online stores. In fait accompli you can look over encircling the promotional activities of Jenn Make public Ranges, via net. There is a whole kit start the ball rolling of report to hand on the reticle on the side of the customers. There is wholesaler information, suite rule and technology used and more. The site is also your guide on how to gain spare parts of Jenn Atmosphere Ranges.

Visit my website: jennaire ranges

13. Alix Wohlgemuth
    2012/03/22 at 3:31 pm #

Your website is just what I’ve been looking for. Spring is in the air and I am in need of something new regarding my backyard, and a barbeque grill is the way to go. I had no idea there was clearly a difference between certain grills. I am definitely coming back to this website to see up more upon barbeques and generate income can prepare myself to buy the right one for me.

14. Randall Wheeldon
    2012/03/22 at 3:33 pm #

Your site is just what I have been looking for. Spring is in the air and I am looking for something new regarding my backyard, and a bbq grill is the ideal solution. I had no idea there was clearly a difference among certain grills. I am definitely coming back to this website to see up more upon barbeques and generate income can prepare me personally to buy the correct one for me.

15. Mason Whitis
    2012/03/22 at 3:34 pm #

Top notch read I was afraid I thought I would get the same kind of read out of this but you truly have set yourself in addition to the other websites. Spring is in the air and I will be loving it. I wonder what your following article is going to be about can’t wait to see it as it pertains.