Inspiring the Masses

Inspiring the Masses

Adam gives practical advice on renovating your house and having custom made gutters built. He also gets his first prank phone call.

Day Laborers

Starting with the emails, Adam gives general advice on how to start renovating your house. He jokes that it doesn’t matter how much work gets done in however many rooms, odds are you’ll only be in the rooms with the TV sets. Adam also talks about renovating his first house, and discusses what goes into finding the right contractor.

Squirrel Cage Fan

Moving to the phone lines, the first caller is about to do a ‘base and case,’ and Adam gives advice about whether to paint before or after the installation. He also talks to a caller who is tired of sweeping up melted snow water in his garage, and Adam suggests purchasing a squirrel cage fan to blow the water out. Adam also hears back from the caller who needed help building a ball-pit in his basement.

Sheet Metal Shop

Another caller has great water pressure throughout his house, except for the kitchen faucet. Adam suggests that it could be a problem with the plumbing, but it may also just be a clogged sink screen. Later, Adam talks to a caller who needs a custom made gutter for their trapezoid shaped porch. The final caller has water built up in his sub-floor, and Adam tries his best to figure out exactly how to help.

Associate Producer: Logan Moy
Technical Director: Chris Laxamana
Phones: Gary Smith
Web Engineering: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , ,

15 Responses to “Inspiring the Masses”

1. Sluggh
    2011/07/02 at 1:45 am #

I got water buildup in my ball pit.

2. Pete Horansky
    2011/07/02 at 4:54 am #

This episode is called EP 126. What happened to EP 125?

3. Aaron K.
    2011/07/02 at 12:36 pm #

Yeah, this should be episode 125.

Anyway, GET IT ON!!!!!

4. Ford Prefect
    2011/07/02 at 8:12 pm #

New York, New York. Named it twice.

The prank call guy was good. But it sounds like he really does have a basement full of fun balls — far too realistic otherwise.

What’s interesting is when he bailed. Adam was just offering advice. He was still on the hook, so it was way too early to bail. A very clever premise, and awesome execution, but no balls. Grade: B-

The best prank calls are when the tormentor jerks the host around between thinking “this has to be a prank” and “this sounds like a prank, but let’s keep going, just in case.”

• Ford Prefect
      2011/07/02 at 8:29 pm #

This came to mind when thinking about Columbo. Peter Falk, rest in peace. I loved that show.

The most interesting part of any story is when no one wants to make the first move. It’s the dance.

5. Leo Winburn II
    2011/07/04 at 8:51 am #

To the guy with the leaking terlit (toilet): I would use some dye. You can either get dye tablets manufactured specifically for finding leaks or use just food coloring. I know you said that the wax ring was good, but what about your toilet leaking when it flushes or when it is just sitting still? There is a possibility that the seal between the tank and bowl is slowly seeping or spraying when you flush. A rebuild kit is only about twenty bucks. As for the dye tablets (or food coloring), put some dye in the tank (take the lid off and put it in there), and let it sit overnight. If you don’t find any dye water on the floor, flush the terlit several times to get all of the dye water out of the tank. Then try using dye in the bowl while flushing and looking for leaks. I would also try throwing dye in your sink to see if you have a leak in your vanity area (cracked sink, leaking drain etc etc). If that doesn’t work I’d say it’s time to find a small man or go Gacy and get a kid under your house.

6. Kain
    2011/07/05 at 8:44 am #

Why doenst your site have a CONTACT US link . I need to get in touch with the Ace people in regards to business for this show and nothing to be found.

7. Jesse Wright
    2011/07/05 at 11:39 am #

Hey Adam,

Love your show. I’ve been listening to the pod casts and recently discovered your “Ace on the House”. I recently bought a home in San Diego and I’ve been neck deep in tearing out everything under the sun to fix it up.

I’m pretty handy, but not a professional by any means so things the take practice I’m not all that great with, but things that take planning I’m pretty good. An example would be ripping a board straight with my table saw. I’ve watched guys do this with little to no effort and I struggle doing it myself. I can however put stuff together pretty well.

I’m looking for some advice on how to handle the rest of my remodeling projects. I don’t have tons of time anymore and I still have quite a bit of landscaping and 2 bathrooms to rip out and upgrade.

How would you go about finding either a good quality carpenter who would be willing to work with me or a solid crew that I don’t have to worry about putting holes in my ceiling and trying to tell me they were there when he arrived. (even though the hole fits the back of his drill and the ceiling I just finished re texturing a few months prior)

What sort of questions or process would you put that person through to feel comfortable that they actually know what they are talking about and not a hack.

Here’s some photos of the madness…

Thanks,

Jesse

8. Rory
    2011/07/05 at 12:42 pm #

Another great show! Got my dad hooked this past week when he was out visiting and we were cranking out projects together.
    Just did my part – purchased a new Bosch drill set on Amazon after clicking through on here.
    Can’t wait for this week’s episode.

9. five mistakes
    2011/12/07 at 6:56 am #

99% of site owners are guilty of these 5 mistakes. You will be suprised how easy they are.

10. 5 dumb mistakes
    2011/12/08 at 3:51 am #

Your site is pretty interesting to me and your subject matter is very relevant. I was browsing around and came across something you might find interesting. I was guilty of 3 of them with my sites. “99% of website owners are doing these five mistakes”. http://tinyurl.com/bn4kol9 You will be suprised how easy they are to fix.

11. Tobie Mcgavock
    2012/01/04 at 5:11 am #

Hip Hop Dont Stop=
    Amazin

12. Carisa Unterseher
    2012/01/09 at 6:30 am #

Good read. Biggest issue going forward will be Qb health. Case is going for the better lucky than good thing. He looks a bit on the fragile side and we’ll have to see how he holds up against tougher D’s. Ash looks a bit stouter, but given the depth I wouldn’t look for him to make as many carries. Shipley looks to have a pretty good arm, if it gets to that.

13. raleigh plumber
    2012/01/20 at 2:04 pm #

I simply need to let you know which you have written an exceptional and distinctive write-up that I genuinely enjoyed reading. I am fascinated by how well you laid out your material and presented your views. Thank you.

14. christian louboutin men
    2012/07/27 at 1:08 pm #

cheap christian book is really a Spanish shoe stylish who is running shoe does have listed polished, Fall down Set and simply Springtime clean Group via Bergdorf Goodman’s terrific christian louboutin red gallery