Adam and Ray

Adam and Ray

Adam’s buddy Ray Oldhafer joins the podcast to take your home improvement calls, and discuss some hilarious stories from the past.

Adam opens the show talking about today’s guest: his old pal Ray Oldhafer. The guys give each other a hard time, but Adam reminds everyone that Ray has an expertise in masonry and general contracting. The guys then respond to a couple emails about fixing up a sunroof, and keeping your freedom doors from rotting.

Moving to the phone lines, Adam and Ray answer a question about fart fans, and Adam recalls an old story about finding a nudie mag at Ray’s family’s house. Later, they talk with a guy redoing his bathroom tiling, and another who wants to paint his garage floor. As the show wraps up, the guys talk more about power washers, and help a caller whose landlord won’t fix the front lawn.

Follow Ray on Twitter @RayOldhafer, and be sure to check out episodes of Life Lessons with Jim Carolla.

Associate Producers: Matt Fondiler & Gary Smith
Phones/Research: Gary Smith
Technical Director: Chris Laxamana
Web Engineer: Melanie De Jonge

Tags: , , , ,

33 Responses to “Adam and Ray”

1. big jim
    2011/08/27 at 12:35 pm #

Another bang-up job from Matt “The Toilet Terrorist” Fondiler!

2. stnuntrnd
    2011/08/27 at 1:01 pm #

Image Gallery is a carryover from the Aug. 20 AOTH podcast.

• stnuntrnd
      2011/08/30 at 7:27 am #

fixed. thank you.

3. Stack
    2011/08/27 at 2:53 pm #

Awesome, can’t miss with Ray as a guest. I think he should be a full time co-host.

4. tom
    2011/08/27 at 8:10 pm #

As much S as Adam gives about Ray – he seems pretty bright

5. C_OAKLAND
    2011/08/27 at 8:15 pm #

Adam and Ray? Fucking cool.

6. Sluggh
    2011/08/28 at 1:35 am #

Some good ear molestin’. Thank a serviceman for protecting our rights.

7. GregB
    2011/08/28 at 6:22 am #

Make Ray a permanent cohost!!!!

8. Dano
    2011/08/28 at 7:43 am #

Great show! Have Ray on more!

9. Tom
    2011/08/28 at 4:25 pm #

Ace,

You two could be the Click and Clank of home improvement–for adults.

10. George
    2011/08/28 at 6:57 pm #

Yes, Ray doesn’t seem like the buffoon behind all those stories. He seems to know quite a bit on construction and communicates it well. Who the hell lets someone pee on them though, shees..

11. SteveP
    2011/08/28 at 8:23 pm #

“Dungeons & dragons” lol.

12. big jim
    2011/08/29 at 2:51 am #

Hell yeah, make Ray a permanent sidekick. He’s the only one (besides Donny) who can give Adam shit, and the stories they get into are priceless. Nice to get Adam out of his usual rants by an old buddy who could give two shits about Adam’s Hollywood success.

13. Pat Sommers
    2011/08/29 at 8:54 am #

Ace please put Ray on as a cohost.

14. Rhett
    2011/08/29 at 6:17 pm #

can you list the artist name etc. for the “maneater” cover? I’d like to buy it if it’s on itunes etc…

15. Maurizio Girotto
    2011/08/30 at 7:17 am #

Hi,

Great episode as usual. Thanks for playing my song and for the kind words! A great surprise to find after cleaning up after the hurricane (thankfully, we didn’t get it as bad as some).
    I don’t have it for sale, but I’ve posted it on my myspace page (yes, some folks still go there). This is the link:

Thanks again!

• Rhett
      2011/09/02 at 8:26 am #

thanks man,

You should definitely sell it. :D

16. SteveC
    2011/08/30 at 7:27 am #

Ray should be a permanent cohost

17. RP
    2011/08/30 at 12:01 pm #

Agree with everyone else – make Ray a permanent co-host. This was the best episode yet. Ray added a lot and Adam does better playing off a co-host. Great job!

18. Patrick
    2011/08/30 at 10:28 pm #

Would love Ray as Co-Host add in some old stories of years past and the show would really be a nice draw! Loved watching Ray on “The Adam Carolla Project” while were on the subject let’s get TLC to release that show on iTunes!!!

19. Mike
    2011/08/31 at 3:50 am #

Great episode guys. Loving Matt on the show and I completely agree with some of the other comments. Ray would make a great co-host. Well, assuming he shows up for work and doesn’t try to pee on you or crap in your hat that is.

20. Walt Tanner
    2011/08/31 at 9:17 am #

Hi love the podcast shows, the book (mp3) and the Adam Carolla Project. You should do another Project show. I sent a tweet to Ray not sure if he got it. I will ask you the same question, two answers are better than none. I have a horizontal crack in the mortar joint of my concrete block foundation wall, 6th row down. This occurred after back fill and water proofing. Instead of repeating the whole process, I was thinking epoxy and carbon fiber strap reinforcers. What do you think about carbon fiber straps? Found this at

21. lookout
    2011/08/31 at 11:48 pm #

I have enjoyed this show since it started, and listen every week. No offense Ace, but this show is so much better with a co-host. Seriously. Ray was great. If he can’t do it on a weekly basis, find some kind of rotation of folks.

22. Bryan
    2011/09/01 at 10:06 pm #

Best Ace On The House so far. Ray is always entertaining but really fits in well for On The House, hope he can become a fixture.

23. Paul
    2011/09/03 at 5:38 pm #

Get it ON!

Download of episode hangs at 12 out of 20 and never completes. Running XP/IE8. Haven’t tried Firefox. Same thing happened when I went thru itunes.

Wazzup?

Thanks,

Paul

24. DIY banana molester!
    2011/09/17 at 2:13 am #

Make Ray a permanent fixture! An old buddy brings seems to bring out the best stories out of Adam!

25. teed
    2011/10/02 at 5:11 am #

He looks like William Burroughs butt-boy James Grauerholz :
    Seriously the similarity is striking, I wonder if his blow jobs are up the the high standard that ol Jamie set http://www.chicagoreader.com/imager/william-s-burroughs-and-james-grauerholz/b/original/1186256/6575/burroughs1.jpg

26. Steve from Sac town
    2011/10/08 at 6:07 pm #

HAHAHA…Ray looks like a German geek!!!

27. c_fiddy
    2011/10/18 at 3:08 pm #

Ray, The smelly wood stain you’re talking about is Penofin Oil. I sprayed some benches in a garage once because it was raining. We also had the washer and dryer in the garage and my wife was doing the laundry. I probably came close to blowing the place up. Even better, the dryer sucked that vapor in and everything in it stunk and was trashed. Also everything that went through the dryer for months smelled like it too. Had to buy her a new washer and dryer… good times.

28. Wm Rohanna
    2012/01/03 at 8:43 am #

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog!

29. Alaine Fedderly
    2012/01/24 at 8:00 pm #

Hey there there administrator, I actually needed to actually make a immediate observation to firmly mention that I respected your particular blog post. Thanks!

30. Verlie Orkin
    2012/03/06 at 7:38 pm #

I just happened to findcome across your website and your write up Adam and Ray | Ace on the House. The info you have written down really makes me think. Thanks for the info.

31. Kristopher Nunnally
    2012/08/09 at 6:44 am #

This is certainly many of these a fantastic contraption who you might be rendering and also deliver it again away for the purpose of free. I just really like looking at sites who understand typically the value from giving some quality resource for the purpose of zero cost. It’s typically the older what exactly around is available close to regular ..