The Ballad of Shaky Jake

The Ballad of Shaky Jake

Adam discusses some near death experiences, and answers questions about installing shelves, keeping your doors open, and mysterious water damage.

Earthquake Rehab

At the top of the show, Matt asks Adam about any repair-related-injury close calls he’s had over the years. Adam tells a couple stories from his earthquake rehabbing days, including the time he came face to face with a drunk guy holding a shotgun. Adam also talks about the importance of having high self-esteem in the workplace, and discusses the one job that went beyond his limits.

Spin Art

Adam then jumps to the phones to talk to a variety of callers. First up is someone looking to hang some shelves where a door used to be, and another is looking to keep his door propped open so it won’t slam shut. Later, Adam talks about a very unique gift he used to be able to do with his privates, and helps a caller deal with some mysterious water damage. As the show wraps up, Adam talks to a guy trying to stop water from coming in between his house and extension.

Associate Producers: Matt Fondiler & Gary Smith
Phones/Research: Gary Smith
Technical Director: Chris Laxamana
Web Engineer: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “The Ballad of Shaky Jake”

1. Sluggh
    2011/08/14 at 1:32 am #

Stoned. Good pic.

2. SteveP
    2011/08/17 at 10:12 pm #

The stories from Adam working as a carpenter are great. Keep them coming.

Also agree with the first caller, bring back The Film Vault.

3. Bill Fredricks
    2011/08/21 at 5:26 am #

When i run out of regular aceman shows, its time for ace on the house. I’m 22 but when im older my house will be earthquake proof

4. Jim
    2011/08/25 at 9:48 am #

Love all the shows on the ACE network. I was never watched Loveline or the man show, but I’ve been listening to the podcasts for the last couple of years and they’re awesome. Let my sirius and XM subscriptions run out, because Howard and O&A have nothing you your shows.

I always go to Amazon through here.

5. George
    2011/08/28 at 6:51 pm #

This episode had me ROTFL!! Only Ace can rip into carpenters like that. His reasons why Ray can’t live in the corporate world were awesome. The roofing explanation was great too.

6. Jennie
    2011/10/04 at 4:51 am #

I couldn’t concur a lot more with this post. Well Delivered!

7. Enriqueta Coponen
    2011/12/21 at 2:11 am #

Appreciating the persistence you put into your blog and detailed information you present. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material. Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

8. Steve Esposito
    2014/02/23 at 1:57 pm #

Adam,

Ice dam problems are frequently due to an insulation and ventilation problem. Snow/ice melts on the roof and gets down near the edge by the eaves and freezing, causing a dam, and water coming down behind it infiltrates the roof. He needs to have an insulation guy check it out, or insulate the roof better himself so his house heat is not melting the snow before the outside air warms enough to melt it.