Ozzie’s Advice

Ozzie’s Advice

Oswaldo “Ozzie” Castillo joins Adam and Ray for a show dedicated to sheetrock, sonotubes, and spiders. The guys also discuss Pex vs Romex.

Emailer Light Before and After

Adam and Ray are happy to welcome their old friend Ozzie to the show. Adam talks about his attempts to get Ozzie on TV over the last couple years, and catches up with him to see what’s been going on. The guys also hear a question from Producer Gary, and respond to a caller who’s having issues with installing their front door handle.

Improper Romex

Adam then lets Ozzie take the mic to help advise the callers. The guys address questions about sheetrock, and running conduits through the house. They also talk about working around bedrock and the fun, but dangerous, art of bottle jacking. As the show wraps up, the guys help a caller working with epoxy on their counter top, and Ozzie helps read an ad from our sponsor.

Follow Ray on Twitter @RayOldhafer

You can also now submit your video questions!

Email us a YouTube link or small vid (no more than 10MB) to aceonthehouse@adamcarolla.com

Or snail mail us a CD.

ACE Broadcasting
10061 Riverside Dr. #276
Toluca Lake, CA 91602

Associate Producers: Matt Fondiler & Gary Smith
Phones/Research: Gary Smith
Technical Director: Chris Laxamana
Web Engineer: Melanie de Jonge

Tags: , , , ,

34 Responses to “Ozzie’s Advice”

1. romerogt
    2011/10/14 at 11:38 pm #

Omg, This is going to be good

2. Steve
    2011/10/15 at 3:21 am #

The three stooges. Adam is Moe, Ray is Larry, and Ozzie is Ricky Ricardo.

3. big jim
    2011/10/15 at 4:22 am #

Nicaragua!

4. spamy
    2011/10/15 at 5:25 am #

With this much star power, the show should really be a minimum of 1.5 hours. How about it Adam? Please give us an extra 45mins/week of AOTH!

• Heather
      2011/10/17 at 10:30 am #

It could be that long– its hilarious. Always a new topic and good times!

5. C_OAKLAND
    2011/10/15 at 5:28 am #

Hell yeah. Look forward to this show every week.
    Having Ray on is the best… and a bonus now with Ozzy!
    Great job.

6. Andy09
    2011/10/15 at 9:51 am #

Ace, Ray, & Ozzy on the podcast? Get it on!

7. Joe
    2011/10/15 at 11:50 am #

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, this show has now eclisped the daily podcast as the best show on the ACE Network. I only wish it was longer.

8. Mike
    2011/10/15 at 12:40 pm #

I heard Ozzie took a percentage of the show rather than just a per show payment. Nice job Oz Man!!!!

9. Yohn
    2011/10/15 at 1:03 pm #

Best show since I started listening, winning combo Adam – stay with it!

2011/10/15 at 1:09 pm #

Colin doesn’t want epoxy for his countertop; he wants poly, polyurethane. He wants a thin coating, just high enough to level over whatever he places on the counter; Ozzie is right, 1/4-inch. Not just because of the extra cost, but because of the tremendous chemical heat that builds up, as it cures. He’ll burn his house down if he pours that stuff down any thicker than that.

And sanding/polishing, forget about it. Polyurethane is notoriously porous, so sanding just gets you down, below the pretty, clear, outer skin. Sanding it will give you a sheet of tiny acne scars. If you have to sand an uneven poly surface, you then need to pour more poly on top to get back to a clear top finish.

• mnoswad1
      2011/10/15 at 2:27 pm #

found this for the epoxy counter top. It is a pourable resin .

Sorry, but definatly DONT want to use the poly as suggested above, poly is made for very thin but multiple coats.

Poly poured onto a surface take forever to cure/dry, as opposed to a 2 part system that could cure in an hour.

11. nater
    2011/10/15 at 1:10 pm #

Dear Maxxima,
    With these three chuckleheads, I don’t learn a Goddamned thing about home improvement other than how cool your products are.
    Please keep supporting the show.

PS. There is nothing improper about that Romex in the picture.

12. c_fiddy
    2011/10/15 at 1:47 pm #

I think you learn home improvement like you learn cooking. You do it, then figure out how to fix what you just screwed up. The magic these guys have, is years of screwing up. Love the show, love the stories, Teach the kids, Adam.

13. Geoff
    2011/10/15 at 1:56 pm #

Ozzie’s like a fart; he only gets funnier.

14. DTR
    2011/10/15 at 2:06 pm #

Nothing better than old friends razzing each other…
    Now, my favorite podcast.
    So good.

15. Aaron K.
    2011/10/15 at 10:18 pm #

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahah, Adam, Ray, and Ozzie = the perfect combination hahahahaha…

At the very beginning of the show, when Ray is laughing at Ozzie, I had to BURST out loud laughing myself. GREAT show guys. Keep it up! Ozzie needs to be recurring.

16. Craig
    2011/10/16 at 10:09 am #

I’ve loved the past few episodes with Adam and Ray, but adding Ozzie to the show made it a mess. They were talking over each other and Ozzie provided nothing more than a distraction to Adam and Ray. Please don’t have Ozzie on again.

• Steve
      2011/10/17 at 4:56 am #

Do you actually listen to this show for content? That is your problem. I just want to laugh, I don’t care if I hear or learn anything, Ozzie makes me laugh.

17. SteveP
    2011/10/16 at 7:39 pm #

Best episode to date!

18. Tyler
    2011/10/17 at 7:32 am #

This is the most complete podcast…ever!

19. Alex
    2011/10/17 at 8:58 am #

Ray, stop being a D-bag to Ozzie.

20. Erina
    2011/10/17 at 9:13 am #

Can’t wait to listen!

21. Mark
    2011/10/17 at 3:29 pm #

Bye Bye “The Adam Carolla Show” hello Ace on the House. Oh yea, move Allison over as well.

22. Jason in Baltimore
    2011/10/18 at 4:26 am #

I mentioned this on an older post but it’s worth repeating, re: spiders. Go online and buy some Cyper WP or Demon WP (powder), mix it in a pump/Hudson sprayer, and go to town around the perimeter of your house… spraying it liberally in every crack, crevice, etc, you can find. high and low. In and around door & window frames especially. The stuff is professional grade and is the best solution I’ve found. It’s also pretty safe. Just don’t breath in the powder while mixing or you’ll have what feels like a terrible allergy attack for half an hour. I happen to buy mine on domyownpestcontrol[dot]com, but there are other sites.

23. Neil
    2011/10/18 at 5:30 am #

Been meaning to listen to this one for a while, the Bia Ling (or whatever her name is) Ace podcast was perfect incentive to come over here.

Lost it at work over “Yohn”.

24. GeekBoyWonder
    2011/10/18 at 6:25 am #

Love me some Ozzie. More, please. Maybe his flank steak recipe?

• Chris
      2012/03/11 at 2:59 pm #

We need the flap steak recipe. I remember watching Ozzie cooking flap steak on The Adam Carolla Project and thinking “God damn that looks good!”

What say you, Adam?

25. JoeyDetroit37
    2011/10/20 at 4:20 pm #

Thanks… I’m the Joe who asked about Pex… tyty
    ha!

26. Shawn
    2011/10/21 at 4:55 pm #

where do you go to email a question to ace on the house what is the address?

27. clip
    2011/10/22 at 8:48 pm #

even better with the oz man!

28. Richard Lund
    2011/10/26 at 6:19 pm #

Adam, If you want to keep spiders and other bugs (crain flys) away and be “green” I have a product that is all EPA grass list stuff that we have developed and have not yet started to market. I will send you some if you like. If you want the product to last longer we have a two part system you can give your assitant. Let him spray the areas like your deck, around doorways, along fencing, or anywhere you don’t want bugs. I will send enough to do your home and shop if you want. P.S. I am sending a check for $75 dollars to Ray and I suggest we have a Ray Fund. I think he needs to get out of the apartment. I listen to all your shows and love’em all.

29. COOLEST TUMBLR BLOG
    2012/02/05 at 5:25 pm #

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

30. hoodia gordonii plus review
    2013/04/09 at 1:21 pm #

An inept piece of information. Thank you for this site. Do you know the information that I make on the Hoodia Gordonii website? worth checking out!