Double Hung Son

Double Hung Son

Prime Suspect’s Tim Griffin joins Adam and Ray to talk about moving a Batchelder fireplace, getting animals out of your walls, and stories of the Oldhafer brothers.

Adam and Ray welcome special guest Tim Griffin to the podcast, who you may recall from a recent episode of The Adam Carolla Show. The guys then reminisce about moving a Batchelder fireplace from one of Adam’s old houses and replanting it into Adam’s new house. Tim also talks about his ‘pioneering spirit’ in the field of carpentry, and the guys answer an email question about hiding speaker wires.

The guys then jump to the phones to answer a variety questions: sagging doors, fogging windows, animals stuck in the walls, and cleaning gutters on an extremely high roof. Along the way they complain about painters, and Ray tells some great stories about his three brothers. As the show wraps up, the guys respond to a final caller dealing with exposed foundation, and talk to him about working with stucco.

Links

Watch Prime Suspect, Thursdays at 10pm on NBC. You can also follow Tim on Twitter @TheTimGriffin

Follow Ray on Twitter @RayOldhafer

NEW FEATURE:
Leave us a home improvement voicemail question at (323) 212-6073

Associate Producers: Matt Fondiler & Gary Smith
Phones/Researcher: Gary Smith
Web Engineer: Gary Smith

Tags: , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Double Hung Son”

1. Ed W.
    2011/12/03 at 3:13 am #

Getting better every week. Adding the pictures really helps to know what your talking about. Wish all the shows were video too.
    Thanks for the shows.

• Bob
      2011/12/09 at 2:11 pm #

I’m with Ed W…I even pay extra for the video!

2. big jim
    2011/12/03 at 4:51 am #

Talking about shitty painters: in my first apartment, I discovered the previous tenant had left a can of tomato soup in the cupboard. Which the painter just sprayed over.

• len r.
      2011/12/03 at 11:50 am #

that’s hilarious, you shoulda’ taken a picture…

3. Ric
    2011/12/03 at 9:18 am #

They have the perfect triumvirate.

4. C_OAKLAND
    2011/12/03 at 4:09 pm #

Ray is the shit.
    Dude knows.

Keep.

5. Aaron K.
    2011/12/04 at 8:40 pm #

Ace on the House is amazing.

Love seeing Adam’s house too. It would be cool if Adam could maybe do a walk-through 60 minute video of his house that we could purchase to support the show. I’d love to see something like that.

6. Scott
    2011/12/05 at 12:27 pm #

Video of Conrad Murray in front of Batchelder fireplace:

7. Jayrod
    2011/12/05 at 12:46 pm #

What makes Batchelder tile batchelder? What is the difference from it and any other tile?

• Sean
      2011/12/06 at 11:43 am #

Batchelder was an artist who hand-made his tiles. Need I say more? :-)

8. Joe
    2011/12/05 at 1:35 pm #

Great pod, and like the new site look, but wish I could click on the pictures without it causing the audio stream to stop (and lose my place). Maybe instead of having the pics open in a slide show, have each pic open in a new tab when you click on it (since it seems to be the slide show opening that causes the audio stream to stop).

• Producer Gary
      2011/12/07 at 12:20 am #

Joe-

We’re working on resolving your issue now.. However, we’re having trouble replicating your issue on our end. If you could, provide us with a bit more information. What web browser do you use? What operating system do you work on (Windows? OS X?)? What button or link to you click on to start the player, and finally, does anything besides the pictures cause the episode to stop playing? Thanks for your comment, we hope to have it resolved soon.

• Chuck E
        2011/12/13 at 1:05 pm #

Following up with Joe’s comment, I am having the same issues as well. If you click anything on the page, the audio becomes interrupted. I am not downloading the podcast, just clicking the play button on the browser. Also, the pictures that are being posted are very small when clicked on.

• Producer Gary
          2011/12/13 at 9:21 pm #

Chuck, Sorry you’re having trouble, we are working to resolve the issue, however we’re not able to get the same result on our end….If you could, provide us with a bit more information. What web browser do you use? What operating system do you work on (Windows? OS X?)? What button or link to you click on to start the player, and finally, does anything besides the pictures cause the episode to stop playing? Thanks for your comment, we hope to have it resolved soon.

• Ms. Vee
            2012/02/09 at 12:01 am #

I have the same trouble with all the pods (love Adam!). When I stream the audio straight from the page (click on the play button for the episode), if I click onto the pics, the audio stops.

If you right click, and hit “open in new tab” it’s not a problem. However, it would be better to have the pics open in a new, properly sized window, as opposed to the slideshow that we get now.

I use the latest version of firefox on a PC. One runs Windows XP, one runs Windows 7. I also listen on my Android device, streaming the show instead of downloading or using the Ap.

Just as an aside, I didn’t download the Ap, ONLY because the permissions were RIDICULOUS. There’s no reason the Ap needs access to all my phone records, location, etc. Fix that, and I’ll download in a jiff.

Get it on, gentlemen. Get. It. On

9. Koz
    2011/12/10 at 10:28 am #

Ace…GREAT show! You need to have Tim Griffin on more often. He was a great addition to the show today. Also, how about more pics of Ace’s house and/or past construction projects? I love seeing his work.

Great job guys!

10. Ron
    2011/12/10 at 8:40 pm #

Enjoyed the story about moving the fireplace. Adam, I told my wife about it, and her opinion of you has improved …slightly.

We have a Batchelder fireplace in our 1927 house, and it is the focal point of our living room.

11. moving house
    2012/09/11 at 3:18 am #

I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless.