A Walk Through History

A Walk Through History

Terri Hartman of Liz’s Antique Hardware joins Adam and Ray for a podcast about Adam’s missing sconces, the fun of antique trading, and how to get around Home Depot.

Adam and Ray welcome Terri Hartman, manager of Liz’s Antique Hardware, to the podcast. Adam talks about shopping at the store, and recalls having his old house’s sconces sold. He and Ray also retell the Batchelder fireplace story and give updates on the studio remod.

Later, the guys respond to emails about a guy trying to mount huge cabinets, and how to fix an ugly stained window trim. Toward the end of the podcast, the guys take a question from Producer Gary about the weird texture on his walls, and offer a helpful way to get around Home Depot.

Follow us @AceOnTheHouse, and get the jump on everyone else
You can also follow Ray on Twitter @RayOldhafer

Tags: , , ,

25 Responses to “A Walk Through History”

1. Ottospielen
    2012/01/20 at 10:33 pm #

AOTH FTW!
    Can we get a theme song for Matt the PP fondler?

2. Woody
    2012/01/20 at 10:34 pm #

Hey guys, great show. About the background music – it isn’t too loud, it’s just competing with the person who is talking. If you listen to a radio DJ talking over music, they ‘duck’ the music in proportion to the vox. Usually with a sidechained compressor. Give it a shot. Love the show!

3. Takeda
    2012/01/20 at 11:09 pm #

In the unfortunate photo above Adam looks like the Grinch who stole Christmas.

4. Nick
    2012/01/21 at 8:05 am #

Hey Aceman!
    Next time you are in San Diego. Just north of downtown, in Little Italy, there is a place called Architectural Salvage. TONS of stuff, and fair prices too! architecturalsalvagesd.com. And, great Italian food round the corner

5. Minesh
    2012/01/21 at 9:28 am #

Hey, Ace, why not have a “warehouse sale” for your listeners to buy up any stuff you don’t want/need. Donate the proceeds to charity.

2012/01/21 at 1:25 pm #

Naw, I think Terri goosed him.

Also, dude with the windowsill, yeah, use a stripper (har!), but if you have easy access to sawdust from somebody’s tablesaw, or bandsaw, you can use that for the removal phase. Just put a garbage bag underneath it and scrub with the sawdust. When it’s saturated, it goes in the bag. The coarse fibers are good for mass removal and fine dust is good for crevices and corners.

7. Steve rose
    2012/01/21 at 10:02 pm #

adam have botox or something?

8. Ras
    2012/01/22 at 10:05 am #

The photo does make you look more like a Pete Sampras with downs syndrome

9. Hack on the House
    2012/01/22 at 10:14 am #

Aceman…WTF….you go on a mangria bender last night?

10. H. Bird
    2012/01/29 at 2:38 am #

Damn. From the thumbnail the woman in the middle looked like how I imagine Ray’s mom would look. If she’s still kicking, they should have her on sometime. “You can be anything you fucking want!”

11. Amanda
    2012/01/29 at 3:17 pm #

Dig the show, inspires me to do the stuff around my house that needs doing.

12. Amanda
    2012/01/29 at 3:19 pm #

Ray’s mom passed a few years ago. She was briefly on an episode of “Ace on the House” bringing the “boys” a plate of sandwiches.

13. khasiat minyak ikan kod
    2012/02/04 at 4:33 am #

I think some of this data may have been taken from a feed, it’s all over the net and various peoples websites, unless you’re the content’s maker?

14. Dan
    2012/02/07 at 11:14 am #

ACE. Love the show. Just listed to the podcast. My buddy and I have business deconstructing old homes in Muncie, IN. We have taken some 60 homes and barns by hand.
    It was Great to hear someone making a living reselling the old hardware and fixtures. We have a warehouse full of awesome materials we don’t know what to do with.

15. donewithidiots
    2012/02/13 at 10:00 pm #

I want to see Andy Dick in there swinging a damn hammer. It could be part of some of the regular pod making some stuffy hollywood types spackle something and get their hands a little dirty.

16. symptoms of lupus in women
    2012/03/16 at 12:58 am #

Red Lobster coupons may be utilised to just take your family out for the delicious seafood dinner, and get pleasure from a great evening out. You are able to help save a whole large amount of cash with these forms of special discounts and you’ll now locate them almost everywhere coupons are handed out, or displayed for printing. Locating special discounts more than the web is actually preferred these days, and several sites are popping up every one of the time to be able to meet shopper needs.

17. Curt Brockel
    2012/03/30 at 12:56 am #

Outstanding quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!

18. Video
    2012/04/01 at 4:53 pm #

I do trust all the ideas you have offered on your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

19. e væske
    2012/07/14 at 4:43 am #

Whenever I feel down I love to read weblogs like your own, it makes issues a bit more vibrant and some hope that not all in this world are evil and terror, continue cheering us up, I understand for one, that I will follow you in every method I can, great sit you have going!

20. Hai Balestra
    2012/07/21 at 1:36 pm #

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity on your publish is simply cool and that i could think you’re a professional in this subject. Well along with your permission let me to snatch your RSS feed to stay updated with imminent post. Thank you one million and please continue the gratifying work.

21. My Site
    2012/08/12 at 5:20 pm #

excellent article it did a good job at helping me understand what I had been looking for, you’re the best

22. ngiciicicic
    2012/08/16 at 6:04 pm #

This is the penalise A Walk Through History | Ace on the House blog for anyone who wants to seek out out around this message. You mention so much its near tiring to debate with you (not that I really would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been statute nearly for geezerhood. Squeamish block, but eager!

23. ngiciicicic
    2012/08/16 at 6:29 pm #

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours A Walk Through History | Ace on the House. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

24. ghawiaklw
    2012/09/11 at 7:56 pm #

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours A Walk Through History | Ace on the House. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

25. clouds and sheep apk download
    2012/10/11 at 6:07 pm #

Great post at A Walk Through History | Ace on the House. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.