Don’t Let Ray Put Grout In Your Mouth

Don’t Let Ray Put Grout In Your Mouth

Adam rants about the conditions of the studio remod, and tells Ray about the time he tried to drill with a router. They also respond to the first ever video-submitted question.

At the top of the show, Adam rants about the pretzel lid not being snapped on properly. He and Ray shake their heads at the ugly mudslinging going on in the new studio, and address the first ever video question, about a stripped screw stuck in wood. They also respond to an email about which type of saw is right for the job, and Adam tells the story of when he tried to drill with a router.

On the phones this week, the guys chat with callers about housing foundations, ripping out shower tiles, and what to look out for when buying a house. Adam and Ray exchange funny stories about the twins, and the last caller discusses the electrical fire he didn’t realize he started.

Follow us @AceOnTheHouse, and get the jump on everyone else
You can also follow Ray on Twitter @RayOldhafer

This Week’s Video Question

Wanna submit your own?? Grab one with your phone, or just flip your snapshot camera into video mode.

Default Gallery Type Template

This is the default gallery type template, located in:
/home/content/p3nexnas05_data02/65/2114065/html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/templates/index.php.

If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.

Tags: , , , ,

25 Responses to “Don’t Let Ray Put Grout In Your Mouth”

1. big jim
    2012/01/28 at 5:06 am #

Gah! Rod Stewart strikes again?!?!

2. Charles
    2012/01/28 at 3:49 pm #

Male knowladge punishment is a national epidemic.

3. DIODE25
    2012/01/28 at 5:40 pm #

Ray and Adam are an excellent team. Great for radio.

4. Mona
    2012/01/28 at 6:00 pm #

Another great show. I love Ray with Adam!

5. Andrew
    2012/01/28 at 7:49 pm #

Sweeeet, it looks like you guys finally removed your download speed cap. Good times.

And this was just on today, and reminded me of how Adam always talks about the ridiculousness of how little we pay for a slab of granite:

6. mnoswad1
    2012/01/28 at 9:12 pm #

That aluminum wiring is crap stuff. The problem is not the wiring but that you HAVE to use a specific switches, outlets AND fixtures rated for aluminum wiring.

The aluminum wire will heat up at a different rate than copper as current passes though it and expands and contracts causing it to loosen itself from the screw connection on the switches and outlets….therefore could arc and cause a fire.

Look into these below……But everyone should know, that when you see a silver wire going to the back of a switch or outlet……its prob aluminum wiring, and its dangerous stuff in the wrong hands (pretty much everyone who listens to this podcast :) .

Btw……chicks dig it when you start talking about aluminum wiring.

• Charles
      2012/01/28 at 9:23 pm #

Back in my electrical wiring class they adressed this. As you say the problems were at screw terminals due to various issues. Any time you have discimilar metals you can have a point that creates heat. The higher resistance of alluminum was well known and accounted for. It’s just when you have a loose screw terminal you would have this problem. Lots of connections to buss bars in pannels went open and caused problems and fires. The symptom of that was lights getting brighter or dimmer. Ohh, and I am home on a Saturday night.. Hahahaha. And I used NO alluminum wire in the new studio!!!

7. Frank Munch
    2012/01/30 at 3:01 pm #

Adam, Ray, & Matt:
    Love the show!! Can’t wait for the next episode(s). HOWEVER, what the hell is wrong with Matt’s mike or Matt himself…cannot hear “the porcelain punisher” near as well as the Ace-Man or Ray. Keep swinging the hammers and keep your tool swinging.
    GET IT ON!!!!

p.s. Adam, would you consider doing the mock morning radio guy doing “Ace on the House” or have Mr. Burchum stop by(?)

• Charles
      2012/01/30 at 3:18 pm #

Matt is actually producing the show and sits in the control room using different mics etc and is typically running around from computer to control board. Give the poor lad credit.

• Matt
      2012/01/31 at 6:50 pm #

Thanks Frank, I’ll turn my mic up next week… I think a couple weeks ago I was a little loud, but guess I overcompensated this time. Glad you guys love the show!

8. Andy
    2012/01/30 at 9:25 pm #

This is one of the best shows! As good as Adam’s podcast, Howard Stern, Petros and Money, and Tim Conway Jr maaaaaaan

9. ryan
    2012/02/01 at 2:21 pm #

Can’t wait for next week! Love Nick Offerman.

10. b-real
    2012/02/01 at 4:12 pm #

Ace, who’s hanging the rock over there? With steel studs everything over 8′ you run the rock vertical.

11. Dustin
    2012/02/02 at 2:05 pm #

I changed out the internals of a light switch that was smoking last week, I’m pretty fucking proud of myself.

Great show!

12. Joe the electrican
    2012/02/04 at 5:01 pm #

Regarding the callers question about the AL wiring. Yes you can still use that same wiring it is not necessary to rerun romex from the attic. However it’d probably be a good idea to “pigtail” the AL with CU wire. It’s basically splicing together the two wire types with a wire nut but the key is to use a compound called Noalox inside the wire nut, it’s this real viscus grey goop that is made to stop oxidation which is one the main causes of AL wiring burning up. That way the connections to the outlet are copper and you don’t have to fiddle with those crappy AL outlets which are probably going to burn up in the J-Box again. You sound like a handy dude but if it all seems too confusing then get an electrician out to handle it.

• Joe the electrician
      2012/02/04 at 5:03 pm #

Crap! I misspelled electrician…

13. Cheree Blackwood
    2012/03/15 at 7:05 am #

obviously like your web-site but you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I will surely come back again.

14. Gwyneth Poska
    2012/04/24 at 9:20 am #

I love Vicki and all her books so of course I want to read anything new she thinks up. She has a very twisted and talented mind hiding behind that beautiful face. But then I saw the cover and wow mama!! Gots to have!! Can’t wait to read it!

15. Les
    2012/05/22 at 12:07 pm #

Use a scrollsaw on a lazy susan base for cutting coped joints.
    Get it on!

16. Gwyneth Dellarocco
    2012/07/19 at 9:43 pm #

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

17. Candra Kaaz
    2012/07/31 at 8:41 pm #

Amazing blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

18. Tina Fleury
    2012/08/05 at 2:27 pm #

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you Nonetheless I am experiencing situation with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting an identical rss drawback? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

19. Erinn Morgner
    2012/08/13 at 1:56 pm #

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think about if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could definitely be one of the best in its field. Great blog!

20. Junior Sferra
    2012/08/16 at 3:29 pm #

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Cheers!

21. how to talk to girls