Don’t Let the Sack Hold You Back

Don’t Let the Sack Hold You Back

Eric Stromer joins Adam and Ray for a podcast about deputized idiots, building a game room in the attic, and when pools burst into flames.

03-ace-super-garage

Adam and Ray are glad to welcome Eric Stromer to the podcast. Adam and Eric talk about their Top Gear pilot, and how nice it is to have a wife that makes money. The guys also exchange stories about working with rude service people who don’t understand that the customer should always be right. When they jump to the phones, calls include a guy building a game room in his attic, a guy trying to tile his entire swimming pool, and a caller wanting to mount a portable air conditioner in the window. As the show wraps up, the guys talk about making the transition into residential construction.

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “Don’t Let the Sack Hold You Back”

1. Fieldengineer
    2012/04/21 at 3:42 pm #

Guys-Love your podcasts.
    Ray- keep up the good work; even though Adam probably will never acknowledge it – you are the brother that he will always need to travel through this world – please keep him honest as you have been.

Question- Did Adam “legally” exclude his famous fireplace before he sold his old house? It sounds like he sort of “replaced” the fireplace on the sly? Was this the case?

I’m not an attorney – just asking.

Keep up the good work.

• heap of tears
      2012/04/24 at 4:56 am #

with your retarded logic, someone could change carpet and be arrested for doing something nefarious. Every person whom has ever attempted a re-mod would be in jail. You just say nice things about Ray, because you are right. most likely you should stop thinking. you are no good at it. Thank goodness you are not a lawyer.

• Eric
        2012/04/26 at 11:32 am #

I think you misunderstood him. He was asking if the fireplace was changed after the house went under contract but before the closing. To use your example, as if he showed the house with wall to wall carpet and then ripped it all out before turning over the keys.

2. Chris G. Murphy
    2012/04/21 at 10:06 pm #

Ray is starting to look like Dr. Wylie from Megaman.

• Ryan M.
      2012/04/23 at 11:11 am #

HAHA! So true!

3. mnoswad1
    2012/04/24 at 8:06 pm #

Only at the end you guys get into some good Festool talk?……then wrap the show?

Please let the fuckin guest get a word in every once in a while. Esp when talking about power tools for fucks sake.

btw, rewatched the whole TLC show again over the wekend…….What ended up happening to the ridge beam?

4. evilrho
    2012/04/27 at 2:50 pm #

Love the fireplace story. You talk about it often, and it’s a great story, but why can’t we see a better picture of it? I don’t care about the rest of the room (though it’s nice). I want to see a close-up of that fireplace.

• Rich
      2012/04/28 at 6:09 am #

I agree with evilrho. I love hearing the stories about adam’s house. I would love to see pictures of it all. Maybe to get some ideas for my own house.

Ray is the best $75 ever spent each week!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. dman
    2012/05/01 at 2:37 pm #

nice to hear eric again

6. Lieselotte Virella
    2012/05/20 at 1:14 am #

You are my aspiration, I own few blogs and occasionally run out from brand :). “He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.” by George Orwell.

7. Steve
    2012/06/27 at 3:25 pm #

Ha, I always wondered if Ace was aware of Festool! I’m a festool addict, best tools on the planet!

8. Jeremy
    2012/08/06 at 10:10 am #

Guys–great podcast.

Please keep the pictures of the studio/Adam’s house coming. Indeed, Adam’s got an eye for details and quality work. The fireplace is amazing–surprised you took the time to move the entire thing by tile, you’re quite patient.

The comments on service are spot-on. After 12 years working/managing/consulting hotels, you’ve got the idea and I’m shocked how many $9/hour staff don’t get it. A few years ago I took a friend to dinner and we had tickets to a show later and we were cutting it short for dinner but wanted to go a restaurant we both liked. When the server got us water after we were seated by the host, I told the server “we’re in a hurry and have theater tickets, if you could serve us as fast as possible, we’d appreciate it,” she immediately understood, mentioned four menu items to avoid (as they took longer to prepare) and did exactly that–we got our food before adjacent tables and she presented the check with the food. I was never happier to be generous with gratuity–I tipped her 50% of the check and thanked her. Why don’t other service people get it?