Little White Shaker

Little White Shaker

Adam and Ray give some kitchen dos and don’ts, and also rant about bad paint jobs. Later they help a caller decide if he should flip houses.

03-emailer-tile

The guys thank all the listeners for their support, then jump right into this week’s emails. The first writer is trying to clean and prep some pink tile in their bathroom, and Adam rants about painters who don’t use tape. The next emailer is trying to stop the surface damage in his garage, and the guys talk about good BBQ and make fun of the Porcelain Punisher for not knowing about any tools.

06-adam-kitchen
On the phones, the first caller is just looking for some basic dos and don’ts for kitchen remodeling. Adam also recalls a fight over lasagna with Lynette, and rants about the lack of German food in LA. Later they talk to a caller deciding if he should start flipping houses, and Adam describes his own experience on The Adam Carolla Project. As the show wraps up, Adam and Ray help a caller trying to finish his attic while keeping it vented properly.

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “Little White Shaker”

1. Tommy
    2012/04/28 at 8:48 am #

Ace & Ray,

Love the show. Ray takes it to a new level.

Got a Question and a Suggestion.

Question: Did you do a show where you toured and critiqued Bald Bryan’s new house? If you did, I missed it — and I NEVER miss a podcast.

Suggestion: Do a tour of the new studio and make that into an episode of Ace on the House. It would be a great opportunity to show us your design eye and some construction tips.

Keep up the great work. There ain’t bothing better than Ace Broadcasting.

Tommy

2. DtD
    2012/04/28 at 12:14 pm #

I think someone else has said it in the comments but Ray really is the brother Adam never had. Okay, enough man love.

3. DtD
    2012/04/28 at 12:15 pm #

Oh and I absolute love Tim’s suggestion about a new studio tour. It would make for some killer podcasting.

4. Hack on the House
    2012/04/28 at 12:32 pm #

Ace……I know you’re a skilled craftsman, but that kitchen fugly….juss say’ng

• Jen
      2012/05/04 at 8:36 pm #

Have to agree. This kitchen was not what I was expecting at all from ACE.

• Kathy
      2012/05/14 at 6:18 pm #

Men can’t pick out paint colors. You’re all color blind!!!

5. Norm Walker
    2012/04/29 at 5:40 am #

I like the Kitchen it is very colorful. I am dying to see a new studio tour. I think you could get the Porcelain Punisher setup with a camera and have home walk around and interview you.

6. Forrest
    2012/04/30 at 6:31 am #

Ray,

I like the new frames and keep up the good work!

7. Hood
    2012/04/30 at 12:24 pm #

Kate’s voice sounded like Charlie Sheen’s Honda XL600 in the movie “The Wraith”. Cool effect.

8. egcruzer
    2012/04/30 at 12:45 pm #

I like how the caller with the kitchen cabinet problem bitched for 5 minutes about all the previous owners of the house and how they were broke and did a crappy job remodeling the place but then went on to say how she had no money to hire someone to work on the kitchen and did crap work because she didn’t know what she was doing.

9. Brian
    2012/05/01 at 12:00 pm #

Hey guy from KC, I also live in KC (MO) and I had all kinds of problems with my garage floor. I put down the two part epoxy from Rust-Oleum and it has been down for a year and has held up great in the winter with the salt. I had to really clean the floor (four times with powerwasher as well as muriatic acid) then patched all the holes that were the result of 60 years of road salt. Now it looks great.

• Amanda
      2012/05/02 at 6:47 pm #

Can’t help but wonder, why do you care what the floor of your garage looks like?

• Just Me
        2012/05/07 at 4:52 pm #

A little something called personal pride

10. Uncle Dude
    2012/05/02 at 7:54 am #

Yeah, Ace’s kitchen looks like a set from a crappy cooking show. The modern looking island is jarring when set off with the old school looking cabinets.

• Amanda
      2012/05/02 at 6:46 pm #

Yet you take the time to comment.

11. Amanda
    2012/05/02 at 6:45 pm #

Enjoy this witty banter. Been listening to older episodes, now I am caught up. Get it on more often. Not only is it funny, but there are some good tips in there. Of course, not being a lesbian sometimes the technical talk is a little above my wee female brain.

Get it on! Love you Ray.

12. felon
    2012/05/03 at 10:25 pm #

anyone else here think Ray is gay?

• Aaron
      2012/05/05 at 5:20 am #

No, I think that’s just wishful thinking on your part.

• Kathy
      2012/05/14 at 6:20 pm #

Nope

13. nick
    2012/05/09 at 7:11 pm #

help me out, i think i found adam in the class picture, cant find Ray

14. Kathy
    2012/05/14 at 6:16 pm #

Why couldn’t you pull that absolutely beautiful sytle from the room with the fireplace and use it in the kitchen. I love red myself and it will work if you just refinish all the cabinetry to the rich color of that ceiling in the fireplace room. Why is there a green toekick under the built in refrigerator???