Ace on the Car, with Gale Banks

Ace on the Car, with Gale Banks

Gale Banks sits down with Adam and Ray to discuss a V8 engine shaped house he’s building in Yosemite. The guys also respond to your home improvement questions.

Adam and Ray welcome Gale Banks to the show, and Adam chats with him about his ability to ‘breath’ on cars. The guys also talk about the V8 engine shaped house that Gale’s building in Yosemite, and discuss some interesting developments in alternate energy sources.

Next, the guys respond to a video question about whether or not a certain type of trim will date your house, and comment on an email that emphasizes the importance of decorating your place in the same era as the house itself. Later the guys answer caller questions devoted to venting stoves, fixing water heaters, and working with contractors. As the show wraps up, Adam gets preachy about having focus, pride and craftsmanship.

Visit http://GetPower.com, and follow Gale on Twitter @BanksPower

This Week’s Video Question

Tags: , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Ace on the Car, with Gale Banks”

1. davidv
    2012/06/09 at 3:53 am #

GET IT ON

2. Tyler Durden
    2012/06/09 at 7:43 am #

This was — yet another — great show for the Aceman.

I love it when Ace introduces us to engaging and driven craftsmen.

Show Idea —– Do a special podcast and walkthrough of Gale Banks’ home.

Thanks again Ace and Ray.

3. Jeremy A
    2012/06/09 at 7:57 am #

I should be the last person to say this because I listen to everything ACE. There is a trend by ACE recently to turn A.O.T.H. (Ace on the House) into A.C.P. (Adam Carolla Podcast) Maybe Ace should extend A.C.P. 15 to 30 minutes and kinda stick to each shows “theme.” I love everything he does but would like to hear each show individually. Just ask my wife! Maybe ACE brings Gale (or any guest) in for A.C.P. and then does a bonus episode or Car Cast, A.O.T.H. ect. with them. I think that would be a nice consortium of shows and keep them all from being A.C.P.

Also, we need Ray on the A.C.P. again- and maybe Jim too :-). And good job on the shows for the last 2 weeks or so, I loved them all. Sometimes there is a “crapper” show in there but not for a while.

Lastly, I order everythin through amazon on your show (will start going to some of your other shows that I listen to) so that they get a little credit also. Can’t wait for the preordered book, plate and audio clip– sounds as good or better than your last book.

Thanks for your time

Jeremy Arnold

• Pat
      2012/06/14 at 4:55 am #

Agree, love all of Aceman’s shows. However, it seems like this is turning into the regular podcast. That’s fine, but maybe just call it “An hour with Ace and Ray.”

4. Buzz Bisinger
    2012/06/09 at 8:17 am #

Nice picture, Ray looks hypnotized.

5. Kevin
    2012/06/09 at 11:40 am #

Can I get Gale to “breathe” on my house? Man, that house is incredible!

2012/06/09 at 1:37 pm #

@ Jerry in Georgia, here’s something you may want to check. Turn off the correct breaker and pull out an outlet and see if the electricians “stabbed” the wires in (into the little holes in the back), or wrapped them around the screw posts. People can wind up having trouble with stabbed outlets, over time.

7. Gottagetiton
    2012/06/09 at 2:05 pm #

Awesome show, love to hear thats hes mixing in some real deal builders, like Gale, into this show as opposed to just hearing about people patching up their crappy apartments…

8. chu
    2012/06/09 at 4:33 pm #

I really enjoyed this episode of CarCast ….

• Danny B
      2012/06/09 at 5:04 pm #

lol!!

9. Danny B
    2012/06/09 at 5:06 pm #

Great show Adam & Ray. I love that there are no rules to your format. See you in Orlando w/Dennis Prager in August!!!

10. queenten
    2012/06/10 at 6:13 am #

I would like to buy 869224 suns please for 622094

11. stnuntrnd
    2012/06/10 at 6:20 am #

Ray’s comment on Banks house construction photo coulda been,
    “What’s RIGHT with this picture ?”

12. Ken
    2012/06/11 at 1:18 pm #

Good conversation.

Banks solved the dilemma about fuel for transportation.
    The National Electrification of the US made the delivery of electricity the ideal place to “refuel” ie recharge a transportation vehicle.
    Every house has 110 outlets and 240V power.

Yes – you burn coal to create steam to run steam turbines to generate electricity. Future – Nuclear plants.

Have gasoline for boutique cars for racing and fun.

Good show.

13. Milah
    2012/06/13 at 9:37 am #

Tankless water heater has NOT been a cost-saver for me. I’m in Denver and I’ve had it serviced each spring since its been installed. Miller Moths get into the system and require an annually cleaning the heat manifold and fan – at a cost of ~$225 per service. I’ve since learned how to do this service and the annual flush service myself but I don’t expect to ever recoup my install and service costs. However, I LOVE having an endless supply of hot water and I *think* it’ll be a nice feature when I ultimately sell the house.

14. Yossarian
    2012/06/14 at 10:25 pm #

Gale Banks is a very intelligent dude and his house is truly awesome!! I felt bad for the guy with the video question, which Adam rather rudely blew off.

15. Slick nuts
    2012/06/15 at 4:23 pm #

Any thoughts on your diesel truck since the carcinogen report came out? I know it’s nothin new but it just confirms the dangers of taking hits off the tail pipe.

16. Bosch Wolverine
    2012/06/21 at 9:57 am #

Gale’s house looking like a V8 engine is like how stick figures look like humans. (???)!!!
    Nice house, though.

17. Ed
    2012/06/23 at 6:00 pm #

You do not have to make ethanol out of food. Great fuel for turbos.

18. jqtile
    2012/07/03 at 7:28 pm #

I am a tile contractor and granite counter fabricator how do I get to Gale’s counters? I would love to see what ideas he has to that I can bring to life! That house is amazing!!! I need to add it to my book

19. Lionel Mendoza
    2012/08/05 at 10:00 pm #

This is a great blog you’ve put up here. I admire your hard work. Keep it up!

20. Arlena Mccullers
    2012/10/14 at 8:59 am #

I like this blog very much, Its a real nice office to read and receive information. “The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” by Confucius.

21. Amazing, superb blog site shape! Just how long have you been blogs with regard to? you will be making posting glance quick. An entire search of this website is fantastic, aside from this content!