Gusset and Cable

Gusset and Cable

Adam and Ray take a bunch of home improvement calls and cover topics ranging from the studio’s new awning, to Eric Stonestreet’s house, to electric stovetop repair.

Adam opens the show talking with Ray about his recent visit to Eric Stonestreet’s house (of Modern Family). The guys rant about unemployable tradesmen, and also discuss the work being done on the new awning in front of the studio. Adam and Ray then spend the rest of the show taking calls. Topics include: repairing a brick driveway, repairing/repainting hardwood floors, installing a double pane window, and fixing a broken electric stovetop.

Tags: , ,

26 Responses to “Gusset and Cable”

2012/09/29 at 10:10 am #

Richard, with the stove: If you still have trouble, these guys are great at walking you through diagnosing and fixing problems and they even have handy links to just order the parts, if you need them:

2. Andy
    2012/09/29 at 10:55 am #

So what’s the purpose of this open air garage, to keep someone’s parked car out of the hot sun?

• brian
      2012/09/29 at 1:10 pm #

Keeps the bird shit off too.

3. david
    2012/09/29 at 12:12 pm #

Ugh, sounds like Ace took his arrogant prick pills before taping. Stick to the funny and construction tips Ace!

4. Will
    2012/09/29 at 1:46 pm #

Did you get a permit for that? Sir, what I’m gonna’ need you to do for right now is turn around slowly real quick while you shovel twentys out of your pocket O.K. right now.

5. Scotty Terror
    2012/09/29 at 2:34 pm #

I don’t see how the wind is not going to tear that awning off.

6. TC
    2012/09/29 at 3:04 pm #

ACE hasn’t figures out BB is usually too busy reading some shit on his googlenet machine or trying to find the right drop for the situation, to listen to his every word. BB gets back to show when it’s 5 – 10 minutes further down the road all the time. ACE takes it as everyone being too slow to keep up with him, or out to fuck with him. What !
    That’s not the self confident, mellow, friendly boss man I know.

7. mnoswad1
    2012/09/29 at 5:15 pm #

Sorry guys but that awning sucks. J-V all the way bro. In California, you don’t need a pitched roof for rain run off and that roof pitch doesn’t match the rest of the building. You need to do a low pitch flat metal panel roof with some false parapet wall like panels around the top sides to mimic the main building.

Yeah, I see potential for high wind uplift also. And since you have bolted it to the building….it is now part of the building subject to misc bullshit codes. If you did a leg/post at each corner, in theory you could claim that this is a portable metal roofed tent rather than an awning or attached covered car port. Make the legs out of house jack posts/lally columns for theoretical height adjustment/portability and throw off the inspector.

huge sniff, just sayin, btw…….you put in a metal awning and still haven’t painted the faded orange stripe on the garage yet? JV bro.

8. Travis
    2012/09/29 at 8:26 pm #

Interesting choice of colors….colors work fine in Cuba or the Dominican Republic. Vomitus. Baby Blue and Lipstick red…wtf. wow. Good color scheme on a car perhaps but on a structure its plain ol’ white trash.

9. hillbilly
    2012/09/29 at 10:47 pm #

I live in WV, every water fountain has snuff in it :)

• Just Me
      2012/10/01 at 5:28 pm #

Good one

10. phil theejoo
    2012/09/30 at 8:27 am #

Adam what about the new housing construction screeching to a halt after 2008 and the thousands of guys losing their construction jobs and the real estate industry crashing due to the “economy” and radio stations firing people….

• Jeremy
      2012/10/01 at 9:54 am #

They can take a class or two in LEED/Energy Star improvements on existing structures and work on retrofit projects as real estate owners will want to save every dollar on their current building without putting up a new one.

My job was eliminated due to the “economy” (the owner was pennywise and pound foolish) and I had to re-train, I have more skills now and am ready for the next problem.

Former radio guys start podcasts and pull in sponsors that can’t afford the overhead of sponsoring a show on terresterial radio.

Hard times make us tough, those who give up and think they can’t change their situation often remain unemployed.

11. phil theejoo
    2012/09/30 at 9:28 am #

Bald bryan was saying no not like roger ebert,no not like roger ebert,no not like roger ebert, was because he would not wish that upon anyone it’s just way too sad……..poor guy he looks like that puppet Madam

12. Sluggh
    2012/09/30 at 9:50 pm #

Shit, I almost forgot about “Madame.” Thanx.

The awning looks OK. In my neighborhood, car garages and the like tend to overwhelm existing homes.

13. Poop
    2012/10/01 at 1:20 pm #

Flip Flop

• Flip Flop
      2012/10/02 at 10:39 am #

Poop

14. just saying
    2012/10/02 at 2:44 pm #

That will not last hanging from the face of a cmu building unless the cmu cells have been structurally reinforced. 2-4 ft. is reasonable, but 8-10 ft. is not. I haven’t seen the finished product yet, and maybe there are columns at the outer corners. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, but my guess is, you will either add the aforementioned columns or remove it because it is pulling blocks from the front of your building. Additionally, the corrugated metal panels don’t fit with the style you are looking for. At that pitch, I would suggest a translucent polycarbonate wall panel you could closely match to the building style.

15. SteveP
    2012/10/02 at 6:30 pm #

The Ace on the House website is all trippy. Nothing lines up and it keeps giving ‘leave’ errors when clicking on anything.

16. jay p
    2012/10/11 at 10:51 am #

GET IT ON!!!!
    FUCK YEAH….
    Funny how losers come on here whinning about this or that fuck em…
    Ace Man Ray and Porcelain punisher you guys fucking rock and I appreciate the entertainment its FREE Funny and cant be beat…
    Its always good to see cool ass mutherfuckers get ahead in life doing what they love … fuck yeah keep it up guys keep the episodes coming!

17. Injury
    2012/10/18 at 10:40 pm #

There needs to be a pool on who and how long until someone hits one of the poles for the awning or massacres one of those bushes trying to back around one of them

18. Sandi Rendino
    2012/10/20 at 7:39 am #

For the company who took on the BlackBerry some 10 years ago, the change is a much-welcomed one.Are you an employee of Halliburton, what are your thoughts of a change in smartphone? If not, how do you see RIM devices squaring up against the likes of Apple and Samsung?|

19. my latest blog post
    2012/11/14 at 9:01 am #

What I am very interested in securing a marketing or advertising placement on your web page. I’d like to secure a non offensive text backlink advert in an area right at the foot of the home page. I’d be grateful if you would email me if it’s possible.

20. moshi monsters cheat Codes
    2014/01/12 at 5:22 am #

magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a new reader.
    What may you recommend in regards to your submit that you just made some days in the past?
    Any sure?

Also visit my web blog … moshi monsters cheat Codes

21. Dragonvale Cheats
    2014/01/13 at 4:46 pm #

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from.
    thanks

My page: Dragonvale Cheats

22. Geri
    2014/07/03 at 12:36 pm #

This post is very informative but it took me a long time to find
    it in google. I found it on 17 spot, you should focus on quality backlinks building, it will help you to
    increase traffic. And i know how to help you, just
    type in google – k2 seo tips