You Know You Want Me Boy (feat. Adam Carolla)

You Know You Want Me Boy (feat. Adam Carolla)

Adam and Ray discuss fireplace maintenance, attic ventilation, and why you can’t fix your hollow core doors.

At the top of the show, Adam and Ray get into an argument about getting paid for the podcast. The guys also discuss the lack of Adam’s beard, and a follow up to ‘The Adam Carolla Project’. After an awesome fan submission, Ace and Ray respond to a video question about fixing a fireplace in a split-level home. Calls this week involve first-time homeowners dealing with cracked foundations, hollow core doors, and creaky floors. As the show wraps up, the guys speak to a caller about a poorly ventilated attic.

This Week’s Video Question

Adam & Ray’s Tool Kit Gift Guide

Click our Tool Gift Guide, tell a friend about the show, and please support our sponsors.

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “You Know You Want Me Boy (feat. Adam Carolla)”

1. howie feltersnatch
    2013/01/25 at 10:56 pm #

Fuck the money. I pray ray is getting some pussy from the show. hang in there whiteboy.

2. Steve
    2013/01/26 at 1:12 pm #

Adam,
    Does Ray appreciate the irony that all he’s done most of his life is fix and build other people’s houses, but he still doesn’t own his own house?
    -Steve

2013/01/26 at 2:54 pm #

Steve, I think he gets it. However, let’s just assume Ray decides to buy in this depressed market, plus he buys cheap. How much content for a home re-do might there be in that, for a program with video? HmmmMMM?

• Sluggh
      2013/01/27 at 1:33 am #

Chris from Lakeland is an evil genius.

4. honkylips
    2013/01/27 at 12:01 pm #

it would be a great show to see ray project manage a rebuild or flip with his retarded friends, like the adam carolla project. i bet they could sell that to travel etc

5. Fieldengineer
    2013/01/28 at 8:00 am #

Ray,
    Stick to your guns about compensation (i.e. salary or profit sharing). Professionals and entertainers are not expected to “work” for free for months on end- without a payout that is in writing and measurable.

I respect Adam for what he has created – but he has used your persona to help make his Carolla Digital network profitable – and if he is still “promising” you – then you need to have the uncomfortable conversation/meeting and have a contract written that preserves the intent of your business relationship. And yes, it is a business.

I also respect you for inquiring what the market “bears” for podcast participants and/or profit sharing of Carolla Digital.

I can guarantee that Adam’s friend Dr. Drew has a signed business contract with his friend Adam and both profit from the relationship.

Keep up the good work and I will wish you both well on getting this nailed down.

• Fieldengineer
      2013/01/31 at 9:13 am #

Ray,
      My advice to you was written before I learned and read the lawsuit filed in LA County Superior Court brought by Adam’s ex-friends and business partners Danny and Sandy. But it seems prophetic.
      I doubt this posts, but I would hope that thirty year friendships are worth more than money and power.
      All boats should float in partnerships.
      It appears to me that all parties should profit from partnerships – It saddens me that life long friendships have been destroyed over this enterprise.
      For anyone interested:

I am a big Fan of Adam, Ray, Danny, and Sandy (I attended A Tempe,AZ show where I handed Danny a used CycleWorld magazine for the trip back home – he thanked me with a stunned look. He was working the recorder and production in the room).

I wish all parties the best and hope all of your “boats” rise with the phenomenal success of the Adam Carolla network.

Take Careful

• toobigdiesel
        2013/02/10 at 4:50 pm #

Ray admits that he has “borrowed” lots of money over time. I would call that compensation? Not saying he doesn’t deserve something but we all have that friend, the borrower who will pay you back (if you have money) when they flip it.

6. HotRod205
    2013/01/30 at 7:13 am #

Donations? How about this… sell Rainbuster. I can’t find it anywhere locally or online. I’d buy it from you guys.

7. Betterman420
    2013/01/30 at 2:55 pm #

You guys might want to think again about using the donate button. You might get your paypal account frozen, because “donations” are for non-profits only. You should change the word to something else.

8. steve worley
    2013/01/31 at 10:49 am #

Ace pay the man. Love you but your always talking about the millions you got. Pay up sucker! and write the check to Ray

9. scott
    2013/02/05 at 11:06 pm #

I would ONLY donate to Ray. Adam loves to talk about how much money he has and how he did it all himself but without ray this show would suck.

10. tkwelge
    2013/02/09 at 2:46 pm #

What’s with all this, YOU NEED TO PAY RAY stuff? I mean, if the show’s making money, than Ray deserves a cut, but as Carolla mentioned, this particular show isn’t making any money. Technically, Carolla is doing a favor by allowing him to continue using his network.

And how many years did Adam work for Kevin and Bean for no pay? Not all partnerships are equal partnerships. I know that everyone full of that “you didn’t build that yourself” fuckery nowadays, but come the fuck on. Clearly building a road doesn’t mean that you have an equal right to the profits of the many companies who happen to use that road you forced them to pay for, and in the same way, just because you show up to a job where you lose money for a man who earns millions of dollars doesn’t mean you’re equally entitled to his money.

I don’t mean to bag on Ray, and most enterprises lose money, at least temporarily, so it really isn’t an insult, but you people really need to get the fuck over this crap.

And that whole lawsuit isn’t anything that we should be commenting on, because none of us actually know the details, and there are two sides to every story. That article in the LA Times spends more time trying to make Adam seem like an asshole than it does explaining the specifics of the contract.

• Ti
      2013/02/10 at 11:48 am #

I love how you conservative assholes always look at taxes as something forced upon the hapless bussinessman.

” that road you forced them to pay for ”

Hey fuckstick , they wouldn’t have the millions from their bussiness enterprise without the roads we ALL pay for to improve our communities and expand bussiness opportunities. In the end the bussinessman pays more because he benefits more from the road …

11. Barry Boggio
    2013/03/12 at 6:39 pm #

Hi all, I have thought about buying the software program DubTurbo Beatmaker and was hoping anyone could give me an actual real overview of the application. The vast majority of websites that feature opinions are actually internet marketers offering the software so that i question that the user reviews are trustworthy. Thank you in advance for just about any information any person can provide.