What Am I, A Fuckin Framer?

What Am I, A Fuckin Framer?
    This week, Adam and Ray help callers with slimy slabs, speed squares, and snakes.

Adam opens the show talking with Ray about having a scenic painter work on his tiles. Ray then chats about his new football podcast with Lorenzo Neal, and Adam goes on an epic rant about raising the field goal posts. The guys also respond to a video question about raising a guesthouse off a slab, and Ray’s Just The Tip segment deals with speed squares. As the show wraps up, the guys take calls about doors, rattlesnakes, and how to build a deck in a snowy area.

Show Videos

This Week’s Video Question

Adam & Ray’s Tool Kit Gift Guide

Click our Tool Gift Guide, tell a friend about the show, and please support our sponsors.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “What Am I, A Fuckin Framer?”

2013/09/14 at 11:49 am #

Guy in Indiana:

They make 1 X material that is treated (it’s called fencing!), or you could use Copper Napthanate to treat the lumber; Osmose is a brand name. Just to reduce the elevation change from 2 X material. If you want to treat it yourself, just cap off a piece of 4 inch PVC and do a couple of pieces at a time. I think you DO want to rise another inch, not just put down a barrier; though a vapor barrier would be good.

Snake Lady: From a biologist that is very familiar with the issue, snakes need a place to both hide and warm up in some sun, so they can get ready to hunt. That’s why they like edges, such as fence lines, hedges, or ivy. If you can get some sun onto the ground that is back away from what you want to protect, snakes will hang out there, instead. Snakes are very defensive when they feel vulnerable, such as when they are trying to warm up for a hunt. They strike out defensively, when they are feeling vulnerable. Give them a place to warm up that is away from what you want to protect and they will likely leave you in peace.

2. Scotty Terror
    2013/09/15 at 1:32 pm #

That theme song is WAY too long.

• Harry Seaward
      2013/09/17 at 7:47 am #

^ wrong

3. Frank Munch
    2013/09/15 at 2:29 pm #

Aceman (and Ray) – Jim McMahon backed up Brett Favre back in ’96 AND when the Packers went to the white house, McMahon refused to attend. LOVE THE SHOW – telling everyone about y’all

4. Keith
    2013/09/19 at 9:48 pm #

Quick temporary solution to goal post issue, costing nothing to implement – stick Refs (the two without cataracts) on their back under each post, looking straight up.

5. TimBobbro
    2013/09/20 at 5:03 pm #

great show. my new favorite podcast. ray is funny. theme song is great. very good work ace truly a professional. get it on.

6. Aaron
    2013/09/27 at 7:51 am #

I think the issue with adding additional height to the goalposts would be the ‘wobble’ you’re going to get with that additional height and weight, not only in the goalpost but in the cross bar as well.

Just add some sort of sensor directed upwards and amend the rules – if it touches the imaginary beam, it’s no good. If it hits the upright, same old rules apply as to whether it bounces through or caroms out.

7. Chauncie Woo
    2013/10/01 at 8:51 pm #

You’re welcome!

8. rona building supplies
    2013/10/17 at 5:18 pm #

My cousin advisable I would this way site. He or she had been altogether perfect. This particular blog post definitely manufactured my personal working day. You actually can not consider just how much time I’d spent with this info! Many thanks!

9. Berta Menkin
    2013/12/12 at 7:59 pm #

I’m so grateful for your articles. I relish reading them almost everyday. It has encouraged me alot in accomplishing a new job, a promotion, handling people and colleagues.

You know, i used to be a loser in the company, and i was frequently harassed and loaded with work by my managers. Now that i’m a manager myself, i feel that i won’t want to treat my team the way i was treated. And they love me. Thanks to your articles.