Is It Sticky?

Is It Sticky?
    Adam devotes most of the episode to complaining about the epic mishap on the new warehouse floor. Ace and Ray also take your calls.

Adam opens the show explaining to Ray how he doesn’t get mad when people mess up—as long as they are trying to do something right. He then goes on to explain the gigantic mess happening at the other warehouse, and what happens when you don’t read directions clearly. In the last part of the show, the guys take calls regarding port-a-pottys, carriage houses, and weird hot water issues.

Adam & Ray’s Tool Kit Gift Guide

Click our Tool Gift Guide, tell a friend about the show, and please support our sponsors.

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “Is It Sticky?”

1. Andy
    2014/02/15 at 12:10 am #

Regarding usage of dog leash hook: I guess it is possible to teach old dogs new tricks.

Regarding Sherwin Williams Aquarmor Coating Water-Based Epoxy GP3462/B01: for Cleanup, Product Information says to use soap and water. One would think that since it wasn’t mixed properly and therefore did not harden, it should be possible to remove the sticky goo with soap and water. In other words, get a bucket of water, put in laundry detergent, and mop it off.

2. Sluggh
    2014/02/15 at 2:30 am #

Ray is now the spitting image of Hume Cronyn in “Shadow of a Doubt.”

3. Everett
    2014/02/15 at 6:16 pm #

We’ve been using 2 part top coats on wood floors for over 10 years.

4. mnoswad1
    2014/02/16 at 10:51 am #

I cant even fathom this level of idiocy.

Don’t buy the paint and clear at the same time if the crew is a known bunch of morons.

And READ the directions, don’t just do what “the guy” said to do.

5. RGrant
    2014/02/17 at 12:46 pm #

That is a bummer. I worked on a project several years ago where a concrete parking garage was being rehabbed and part of the project was to coat the floors with an industrial 2 part very expensive flooring system. The crew doing the work was a good crew but the boss stopped by to help and misunderstood the mixing directions and ended up putting about 1/2 of the hardener in the base mix. They put down 4 floors of this stuff at 10,000 sf per floor. Of course it did not harden. They figured out what was wrong and tried to get it to kick over by spraying hardener on the surface. It did not work. They had to remove every bit of this mess and used who knows how much solvent to get it clean. They lost every bit of profit and them some on this job.

6. Tony Z
    2014/02/17 at 2:29 pm #

The picture Adam painted with his tongue was epic. It took 3/4 of the show and I was riveted! That totally sucks, though. I would make the rep eat it. Also, fly me out from Ohio to supervise any more projects like this. I’ll work for free.

7. Johnnie B
    2014/02/17 at 5:36 pm #

Brilliant show guys.

8. Brian
    2014/02/17 at 8:36 pm #

I worked in a Sherwin-Williams Commercial store and if the sales rep gave you the wrong advice and or product, then you can get SW to eat the cost. I once worked a job where they did a hospital where they painted four floors in the wrong sheen and SW ate half the cost which cost nearly 20 grand.

9. Millah
    2014/02/19 at 2:02 pm #

I hate to say it but Aceman but these grand_scale F’ups make my home improvement F’ups seem so trivial that I don’t feel so bad having to do them over. Great show as always.

10. Blake
    2014/02/19 at 5:42 pm #

SW is really stupid for putting different products in almost identical containers. I can see how the guys were easily confused. But it was a good podcast!

11. kp
    2014/02/24 at 11:57 am #

Pizza and Chicken wings morning show!!! Unfortunately in Palm Springs there really is a morning show on 93.7 KCBL call “Free Beer and Wings”. One guy is named Free Beer, the other Wings.

WHY?

12. dip zipple
    2014/03/03 at 10:17 am #

Great show. This one killed me.

13. George
    2014/03/23 at 9:58 am #

I worked for SW for 10 years. Wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t help you out, and it was not a surprise that the rep spent all of that time with you and never told you there were 2 different hardeners!

Thanks for the tip on tightening hinges today(catching up on old shows) made my home a little nicer!

14. josh
    2014/05/24 at 8:29 am #

This is my favorite episode of all time. Ive listened to it probably three dozens times. Its like a standup routine. So great.

15. good blog sites
    2014/09/05 at 4:59 pm #

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.
    This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

My web page: good blog sites